Thursday, January 21, 2010

Recreation

If you see a guy standing alone, out on the ice, hunched over a hole doing some ice-fishing, and he doesn't have a hut, a radio, or even a bucket to sit on, what would be more pathetic:  if he was doing it for food or for fun?

Today I saw that ice fisher while out for a bike ride around Lake Wingra.  Each day I either go biking or running; while you might say I spend my leisure time literally going in circles, I've also recently purchased a treadmill.

For awhile I was thinking about doing a marathon because its such a great challenge.  I thought it would make me feel like a winner if I could overcome an obstacle that I'd placed in front of myself.  If I invent imaginary problems that I'm able to solve, I become heroic.

They say its not the destination that's important, its the journey and the lessons that you learn along the way.  If I've learned any lessons, or gained any insight, it's that I'm probably wasting my fucking life.


Dude, that guy is totally ripped.

No comments:

Post a Comment