Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Anti-Faith

There's been some debate over how much liability BP will have for this fucking oil spill (for which the damages are estimated to be as high as $14 billion).  Some are focusing on the OPA law of 1990, which limits liability to $75 million; others are saying those limits are void if BP is found to be grossly negligent, and that they can be sued using tort law.  I don't know anything about the legal specifics, but I do know one thing:  I have absolutely no faith in our ability to hold these assholes to account.  In fact, I have the opposite of faith, I have anti-faith.

There are literally no existing words to express how little confidence I have, because confidence is limited to a range of zero to a hundred; anti-faith stretches to negative infinity.

Anti-faith is unshakable and transcends the plane of logic and reason.  Even if every legal scholar and politician in the country said BP would be forced to pay in full, I still believe that, no matter what, these bastards will find some way out of it.

Optimism : Pessimism 
as  
Trust : Mistrust
as  
Faith :        

I could have sworn this was a company that sold pinwheels and sunflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment