Wednesday, May 5, 2010

LOLZ

I was talking to some random college-age kids, and when that Arizona slave-papers law came up, one of the guys said, "I think the law is funny."

That was a pretty odd comment to make to a stranger, especially because he offered no elaboration.  Maybe I was supposed to respond by asking him to explain his wry, sophisticated take on the whole issue.  Instead I was a bit taken aback, so I just let it hang there, and I thought to myself "Jesus Christ, is this guy a racist?"

I still don't know the answer to that one, but I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because this is the same type of low-level Aspergers gaffe I might make myself.  If I could turn back time, I'd ask him, as Mike Remiker suggested, whether it was "funny ha ha or funny weird".

My personal opinion is that its "funny, like a toddler-driving-a-bus-funny".  This concept applies to a lot of the shit Republicans have been doing, where something is so stupid that it sounds kind of amusing when you say it, but when it actually becomes reality, its maybe not so hilarious.

I guess its still funny, but only because I'm not on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment