Monday, March 15, 2010

Not Makin' Any Friends

They say that "no man is an island".  Maybe this is because when you fail to actively ingratiate yourself to those around you, you're no longer considered a man, instead they'll call you a loser then actively isolate you (but only if you're unsuccessful).  If you're successful, they'll just call you an asshole behind your back, while smiling to your face.

The definition of aloof is "removed or distant either physically or emotionally", but the word is often used as a synonym for arrogant, which is an odd presumption.  Why is asocial assumed to be antisocial, shouldn't there be room for neutrality?

Just because I don't want to fake-laugh at your non-jokes doesn't mean I think I'm better than you; I know that you know that those jokes are not funny, and if you don't, then maybe you are a moron.  So maybe I am an arrogant asshole, but if so, it's only because you're an idiot.  Now leave me the fuck alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment