Friday, April 30, 2010

Are you a seeder?

Whenever I'm sitting around, watching TV, or looking at the internet, I have to be doing something with my hands because I feel uncomfortable in my own skin - this is when I miss cigarettes the most, and when seeds come in most handy.  The seed mongers are wise to this phenomenon, and seem to be seeking to exploit the emotionally vulnerable recovering-smoker-demographic:

Actual ad copy on the back of the bag:  "Seeders are unique.  They're cool, confident, independent, active, and hard working.  They know that eating David Sunflower Seeds makes what they do more enjoyable.  Things are better with David because they're a snack and an activity.  Experience snacktivity."


Actual ad copy:  "One of a kind. While others follow maps, he follows his instincts. And he never goes wrong. He smokes for pleasure and satisfaction. He gets both from the blend of Turkish and Domestic tobaccos in Camel Filters. Do you?"

If selling was a song, David would owe Big Tobacco royalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment